Our benefits at a glance
First, learn more about your options before you choose the health benefits that work best for you and your family.
- Medical coverage. We provide several options with different monthly contribution rates and copays, including our DFW ConnectedCare plan just for team members residing in the DFW area. Certain geographies have an HMO option as well.
- Prescription drug coverage is included with all medical plans, so you’re automatically enrolled no matter which medical option you choose. CVS Caremark administers our prescription drug program. You’ll also have access to Staywell Rx for free or discounted medicines and supplies to manage asthma, blood pressure and diabetes.
- Dental coverage. We offer two different levels of coverage through MetLife Dental.
- Vision coverage. Wear eyeglasses or contacts? EyeMed administers our vision plan.
- Spending accounts. You’ll find several different pre-tax health spending account options you can use to pay for eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses, as well as a dependent care flexible spending account for certain childcare and eldercare costs.
Next, consider whether you and your family need additional income protection in case of disability or death. American provides basic term life insurance coverage at no cost for all team members, but you can choose to purchase additional life and accident insurance as well as optional short- and long-term disability coverage. Plans and costs vary by workgroup.
Finally, be sure to check out the Added Benefits that help you navigate life and all of its twists and turns. From pet insurance to legal plans to critical illness insurance, we offer a broad range of extra benefits to make life a little – or a lot – easier.
New hire benefit guides
For a quick overview of benefits available to you, select the guide for your workgroup below.