Although Annual Enrollment is over, there may be more that you need to do. Please note the Benefits Service Center will keep you apprised of any upcoming actions you may need to complete.
- Dependent Verification – Documentation demonstrating relationship such as a birth certificate or marriage certificate is required before dependents can be added to your medical, dental or vision care coverage. Look for a notification around mid-November advising your individual due date to submit documentation through the Benefits Service Center. If you have already submitted documentation previously for your dependents, this information will automatically carry over.
- Statement of Health (SOH) – Increases in your life or disability coverage elected during Annual Enrollment may require a statement of health (also known as an Evidence of Insurability (EOI). Team members who need to complete this form can access the link through your alerts on the Benefits Service Center. If you are unable to complete the online form within 7 days of enrolling, a SOH will be mailed to your home address.
- Verify Beneficiaries – Log on to the Benefits Service Center to verify your beneficiaries for your life and AD&D coverage. You can update your beneficiaries at any time.
Things to keep in mind as we approach 2019:
- New Medical ID cards should arrive at your home in mid-December.
- YSA continues as American’s spending account vendor in 2019. If you received a debit card in a previous year, you will use the same card in 2019. Once your card’s expiration date approaches, YSA will mail you a replacement card. Remember that you can carry over up to $500 of unused funds from 2018 into 2019.
Your newly enrolled benefits begin on January 1, 2019.