Take care of your future
Top interests of retirees: 86% — spending time with loved ones, 73% — time for hobbies, 66% — traveling.
SOURCE: AARP MEMBER SURVEY 2012
Be sure you have the savings to match your interests. It’s never too late to make a plan for retirement. That's not so hard to do, especially with help from American Airlines. We make it easy to get started and to continue to save throughout your career.
- Contribute through convenient payroll deductions
- Save for the future on a pre-tax (aka before-tax) basis
- Reduce your taxes in retirement by making Roth after-tax contributions
The Plan works with your other savings to help ensure your financial security in retirement. So, get going on a great tomorrow.
Make the Right Moves
Take a look at how the plan works. Then get to more detail by clicking on the links.
- Want to get the earliest start possible? You can enroll on your first day of employment.
- You may change your contribution elections at any time.
- You can invest your account in a wide variety of funds.
- Each fund offers a different level of risk and potential return.
- If you don’t make any investment choices, your account is invested in the American Target Date Fund closest to the year you will turn age 65 (the plan’s Qualified Default Investment Alternative).
- Generally you can change your investment elections at any time.
There may be times when you need to use the money in your account before retirement. You may have access through loans, hardship withdrawals or early withdrawals.